Goodness is love in action and is perfected in God’s giving and forgiving nature. Through His mercy, compassion, and provision, God shows us His goodness. The goodness of God is not for a short moment but it remains forever because this is the nature of God. Our God is good in every situation of our lives.
When sin threatens our relationship with Him, because of His goodness, He forgiveness rescues and restores. The ultimate act of His goodness is Jesus. “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8).
The goodness of God is infinitely more wonderful than we will ever be able to comprehend. We as children of God can’t attend to this goodness on our own but through the spirit of God, we will be able to show goodness to everyone around us.
We develop goodness and other spiritual characters that include love, joy, peace, patience, and kindness, along with faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control (Galatians 5:22-23).
These Bible verses will help us to understand more about the goodness of God:
1. The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him. (Nahum 1:7)
2. Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men! For He satisfies the longing soul and fills the hungry soul with goodness. (Psalm 107:8-9)
3. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name. For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting. (Psalm 100:4-5)
4. The Lord is upright; He is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him. (Psalm 92:15)
5. Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. (Lamentations 3:22-26)
6. Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. (Psalm 107:1)
7. And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. (2 Corinthians 9:8)
8. How great is the goodness you have stored up for those who fear you. You lavish it on those who come to you for protection, blessing them before the watching world. (Psalm 31:19)
9. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)
10. But you, Sovereign Lord, help me for your name’s sake; out of the goodness of your love, deliver me. (Psalm 109: 21)
11. Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who trusts in Him! (Psalm 34:8)
12. And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28)
13. The Lord is good to all; He has compassion for all he has made. All your works praise you, Lord; your faithful people extol you. (Psalm 145:9-10)
14. For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. (Jeremiah 29:11-13).