As children of God, we belong to the father God, who has made us in His own image and likeness. He is the creator of heaven and earth, the Bible says that the earth is of God and fullness thereof (Psalm 24:1)
It is important for us to understand that God has blessed us with an inheritance both here on earth and in the heavenly places. This is because He has made us function like Him, to have dominion over the things He has created on earth.
We have inherited His power, glory, wealth, and the ability to take charge of all creatures. We can only receive this inheritance through His son Jesus Christ. Remember that through Him we are saved and our inheritance is in Him.
Here are some Bible verses that will help you know more about your inheritance in Christ:
1. Romans 8:17 “And if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be
glorified with Him.
2. Psalm 16:6 “The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me.”
3. 1 Peter 1:4 “To obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you.”
4. Proverbs 13:22 “A good man leaves an inheritance to his children’s children, And the wealth of the sinner is stored up for the righteous.”
5. Psalm 16:5 “The Lord is the portion of my inheritance and my cup; You support my lot.”
6. Colossians 1:12 “Giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light.”
7. Matthew 5:5 “Blessed are the gentle, for they shall inherit the earth.”
8. Proverbs 19:14 “House and wealth are the inheritance from fathers, But a prudent wife is from the Lord.”
9. Psalm 2:8 “Ask of Me, and I will surely give the nations as Your inheritance, And the very ends of the earth as Your possession.”
10. Ephesians 1:18 “I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are
the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints.”
11. Isaiah 61:7 “Instead of your shame you will have a double portion, And instead of humiliation, they will shout for joy over their portion. Therefore they will possess a double portion in their land, Everlasting joy will be theirs.”
12. Psalm 33:12 “Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, The people whom He has chosen for His own inheritance.”
13. Ephesians 1:11 “Also, we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will.”
14. Deuteronomy 32:9 “For the Lord’s portion is His people; Jacob is the allotment of His inheritance.”
15. Ephesians 1:14 “Who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God’s own possession, to the praise of His glory.”