The Bible has many scriptures that points out the importance of soul winning.
During His earthly ministry, the Lord Jesus Christ won many souls for His Father in heaven.
This is the reason why the Father sent His son Jesus to die for us. Jesus started his ministry through soul winning and before He died gave us the commission to tell the gospel to everyone on earth.
He practiced all His teaching. For instance, He commanded His disciples to be soul-winners in Matthew 28:19; and He proved to be the master soul-winner.
When He said, “Follow Me!” (Matthew 4:19), He wanted all of us to follow His example; He is an example to all of us as a soul-winner.
We can read a record of the soul-winning methods He adopted in the story of His interview with the Woman at the Well (John 4:1-42).
We should approach souls always according to the person, the time, the place, and the circumstances. Soul winning is an important part of our life as believers because the will of God is that all men should be saved.
Here are Bible verses to help us understand how important winning a soul is to God:
1. Matthew 18:11 For the Son of Man has come to save that which was lost.
2. 1 Corinthians 9:19 For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a slave to all, so that I may win more.
3. 1 Corinthians 9:20 To the Jews I became as a Jew so that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law though not being myself under the Law, so that I might win those who are under the Law;
4. James 5:20 Let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.
5. Jude 1:23 Save others, snatching them out of the fire; and on some have mercy with fear, hating even the garment polluted by the flesh.
6. John 4:35 Do you not say, ‘There are yet four months, and then comes the harvest’? Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look on the fields, that they are white for harvest.
7. Romans 9:3 For I could wish that I myself were accursed, separated from Christ for the sake of my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh,
8. Romans 10:1 Brethren, my heart’s desire, and my prayer to God for them is for their salvation.
9. 1 Corinthians 9:22 To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak; I have become all things to all men, so that I may, by all means, save some.
10. Matthew 4:19 And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
11. Luke 19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
12. Ezekiel 3:18 When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wickedman shall die in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at thine hand.
13. Proverbs 11:30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life and he that winneth souls is wise.
John 3:3-7 is the #1 Scripture for
soul winning!!!!!!!!! ⚓️