Repentance is important for us because without repentance we can’t receive salvation from God. As the word of God convinces us of our sins we repent from the depth of our heart and turn away from our sins asking God to forgive us for every unrighteous deed that we have done.
When God sees our repentant hearts, He forgives our sins and reconciles us back to Himself, because He loves us and does not want us to perish. If we repent and confess our sins we will be saved by the grace of God.
Repentance is the way we can unite ourselves to God and have a wonderful fellowship with Him in our lives. For He loves a broken and contrite heart. His arms are always ready to receive and accept us to Himself.
It doesn’t matter how far you have gone as a sinner today, if only you repent, God will forgive you of all your sins and you will be saved.
These Bible verses will help us understand more about repentance:
1. Mark 1:15 “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.”
2. Proverbs 28:13 He who conceals his transgressions will not prosper, But he who confesses and forsakes them will find compassion.
3. 2 Corinthians 7:10 For the sorrow that is according to the will of God produces a repentance without regret, leading to salvation, but the sorrow of the world produces death.
4. Acts 2:38 Peter said to them, “Repent, and each of you is baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
5. 2 Chronicles 7:14 and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
6. Matthew 3:2 “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”
7. Luke 13:3 I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.
8. Acts 3:19 Therefore repent and return, so that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord;
9. Acts 17:30 Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent,
10. 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
11. Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
12. Jonah 3:10 When God saw their deeds, that they turned from their wicked way, then God relented concerning the calamity which He had declared He would bring upon them. And He did not do it.
13. Acts 11:18 When they heard this, they quieted down and glorified God, saying, “Well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the repentance that leads to life.”
14. 2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.