Christmas is a very important season for all Christian believers around the world. As this is a time when we remember and celebrate the birth of the savior of the world- Jesus Christ.
Jesus is the reason for this season because, without Him, we are saved and redeemed. God demonstrated His love for us by giving His Son that whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16.
Here are 14 Bible verses that will remind us of Christmas and help us feel the peace of God and the joy of His presence during this season.
1. John 1:14 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.
2. Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him
3. Luke 2:11 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
4. Isaiah 9:6-7 For to us a child is born, to us, a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 7 Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David’s throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the LORD Almighty will accomplish this.
5. John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
6. Luke 2:14 “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”
7. 2 Corinthians 9:7 Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
8. Isaiah 11:1 A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots, a Branch will bear fruit.
9. 2 Corinthians 13:11 Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice! Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you.
10. Matthew 1:21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus because he will save his people from their sins.”
11. 1 Timothy 1:15,16,17 Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. 16 But for that very reason, I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. 17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.
12. Deuteronomy 16:17 Each of you must bring a gift in proportion to the way the LORD your God has blessed you.
13. Hebrews 13:2 Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.
14. Galatians 4:4-5 But when the set time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under the law, 5 to redeem those under the law, that we might receive adoption to sonship.