Our God is holy, and we must be sanctified before we can come to Him. We have to cleanse ourselves through the prosses of sanctification. We can not sanctify ourselves; the only way we can do this is through acknowledging that Jesus died for us, and His death has brought sanctification for us.
When we confess Him as our Lord and Savior, He cleanses and sanctifies us from all our sins. This begins the prosses of sanctification in our lives. However, as we constantly study His word, we will be sanctified through the word that He Speaks to us.
The words that He speaks to us are spirit and life. He sanctified us through His words. These Bible verses will help you to understand more about sanctification.
1. Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ. No longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
2. 1 Corinthians 6:11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, sanctified, and justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
3. 2 Timothy 2:21 Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from what is dishonorable, he will be a vessel for honorable use, set apart as holy, applicable to the master of the house, ready for every good work.
4. 1 Peter 1:2 According to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in the sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and for sprinkling with his blood: May grace and peace be multiplied to you.
5. 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
6. 1 Thessalonians 4:3 For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality.
7. John 17:17 Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.
8. Acts 26:18 “‘To open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.’
9. Colossians 3:5 Put to death what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, covetousness, idolatry.
10. 1 Thessalonians 5:23 Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you wholly, and may your whole spirit, soul, and body is kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
11. 1 Peter 2:24 He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds, you have been healed.
12. Leviticus 21:8 “You shall sanctify him, for he offers the bread of your God. He shall be holy to you, for I, the Lord, who sanctify you, am holy.”
13. Acts 20:32 And now I commend you to God and to the word of his grace, which can build you up and give you the inheritance among all those who are sanctified.
14. Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
15. Exodus 31:13 “You are to speak to the people of Israel and say, ‘Above all you shall keep my Sabbaths, for this is a sign between me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I, the Lord, sanctify you.’”
16. Philippians 2:13 For God who works in you to will and to work for his good pleasure.
17. 2 Thessalonians 2:13 But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers beloved by the Lord because God chose you as the first to be saved, through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth.
18. Ephesians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places.
19. Hebrews 10:10 And by that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
20. Philippians 1:6 And I am sure that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.