Healing is the Children’s bread. God wants each of his people to live a healthy and prosperous life. From the Old Testament to the New Testament, it is evident that God wants us to be healed spiritually, physically, and mentally.
He heals us differently, through his word or by laying hands upon the sick, whichever way we know that God is still in the business of doing the miracles and bringing healing into the life of his people made in His image.
So if you are sick or in pain, remember that God wants you to be in good health, to love and serve Him.
These Bible verses about healing will encourage and uplift you.
- “But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed.” – Isaiah 53:5
- “That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.” – Matthew 8:17
- “Who forgives all your iniquities, who heals all your diseases,” – Psalm 103:3
- “He sent his word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.” – Psalm 107:20
- “Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven.” – James 5:14-15
- “My son, pay attention to what I say; turn your ear to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to a man’s whole body.” – Proverbs 4:20-22
- “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” – Isaiah 41:10
- “But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.” – 2 Corinthians 12:9
- “For I will restore health to you, and your wounds I will heal, declares the Lord.” – Jeremiah 30:17
- “Go and say to Hezekiah, ‘This is what the Lord, the God of your father David, says: I have heard your prayer and seen your tears; I will heal you.” – Isaiah 38:5
- “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” – Psalm 34:18
- “He said, “If you listen carefully to the Lord your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, who heals you.” – Exodus 15:26
- “Lord my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me.” – Psalm 30:2
- “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.” – Psalm 147:3
- “They will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.” – Mark 16:18
- “Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness.” – Matthew 9:35
- “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.” – 1 Peter 2:24
- “Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence.” – Psalm 91:3
- “May your unfailing love come to me, Lord, your salvation according to your promise.” – Psalm 119:41
- “Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard.” – Isaiah 58:8
- “Be merciful to me, Lord, for I am faint; heal me, Lord, for my bones are in agony.” – Psalm 6:2