It is important for us to always have the heart of gratitude and thanksgiving towards God, for everything He has done for us. When we are thankful to God, His blessings in our lives remain permanent because He will be pleased with us.
As we approach the season of Thanksgiving, Let us remember all the blessings that God has bestowed upon us throughout the year and come before Him with a heart full of gratitude.
We should be thankful to God and bless Him with all that is within us, with all our hearts, spirit, soul, and body, forgetting not all the benefits that we have received from the Lord. He has forgiven us from our sins, In so many ways we have sinned against God but because of His love and kindness, He has always forgiven us from all our sins.
His healing was upon our lives as He is the only one that can heal all our diseases and redeem us from destruction. So many times in this year we may have fallen in sickness or things that could have destroyed our lives but God in His infinite mercy has delivered and healed us from all our sickness.
Here are 15 Bible verses that will guide and help you remember the things that God has accomplished in your life and fill you with gratitude during this holiday:
1. 2 Corinthians 9:7 “Everyone should give whatever they have decided in their heart. They shouldn’t give with hesitation or because of pressure. God loves a cheerful giver.”
2. Hebrews 12:28 “Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that can’t be shaken, let’s continue to express our gratitude. With this gratitude, let’s serve in a way that is pleasing to God with respect and awe.”
3. Jonah 2:9 “But me, I will offer a sacrifice to you with a voice of thanks. That which I have promised, I will pay. Deliverance belongs to the Lord!”
4. 2 Corinthians 4:15 “All these things are for your benefit. As grace increases to benefit more and more people, it will cause gratitude to increase, which results in God’s glory.”
5. Psalm 50:14 “Offer God a sacrifice of thanksgiving! Fulfill the promises you made to the Most High!”
6. Colossians 4:2 “Keep on praying and guard your prayers with thanksgiving.”
7. James 1:17 “Every good gift, every perfect gift, comes from above. These gifts come down from the Father, the creator of the heavenly lights, in whose character there is no change at all.”
8. Ephesians 5:20 “Always give thanks to God the Father for everything in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
9. Psalm 107:1 “Give thanks to the Lord because he is good because his faithful love lasts forever!”
10. Romans 8:28 “We know that God works all things together for good for the ones who love God, for those who are called according to his purpose.”
11. Psalm 95:1-3 “Come, let’s sing out loud to the Lord! Let’s raise a joyful shout to the rock of our salvation! Let’s come before him with thanks! Let’s shout songs of joy to him! The Lord is a great God, the great king over all other gods.”
12. Psalm 9:1 “I will thank you, Lord, with all my heart; I will talk about all your wonderful acts.”
13. 1 Corinthians 1:4-5 “I thank my God always for you, because of God’s grace that was given to you in Christ Jesus. That is, you were made rich through him in everything: in all your communication and every kind of knowledge.”
14. Colossians 3:17 “Whatever you do, whether in speech or action, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus and give thanks to God the Father through him.”
15. 1 Chronicles 16:34 “Give thanks to the Lord because he is good because his faithful love endures forever.”