Repentance is very important for us as children of God because so many things are there around us that could lead us to sin against our Lord Jesus Christ.
When we find ourselves in this kind of condition, where we have gone astray from the Lord, going in our own ways which is not pleasing to God.
It is the spirit of God through his words convicts us of the sins we have committed before God and brings us to repentance.
As we repent and confess our sins, we are brought back into fellowship with our Lord and savior because our sins are forgiven.
Here are some verses from the Bible that speaks about repentance:
1. Acts 3:19 Therefore repent and return, so that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord.
2. Matthew 3:2 Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
3. 2 Corinthians 7:10 For the sorrow that is according to the will of God produces a repentance without regret, leading to salvation, but
the sorrow of the world produces death.
4. Luke 13:3 I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.
5. Acts 2:38 Peter said to them, “Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you
will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
6. 2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but
for all to come to repentance.
7. 2 Chronicles 7:14 And My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
8. Acts 20:21 solemnly testifying to both Jews and Greeks of repentance toward God and faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.
9. 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10. Acts 5:31 He is the one whom God exalted to His right hand as a Prince and a Savior, to grant repentance to Israel and forgiveness of
11. Acts 17:30 Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent,
12. Mark 1:15 and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.”
13. Luke 17:3 Be on your guard! If your brother sins, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him.
14. Acts 11:18 When they heard this, they quieted down and glorified God, saying, “Well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the
repentance that leads to life.”
15. Proverbs 28:13 He who conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but he who confesses and forsakes them will find compassion.