The scriptures are full of verses that tell us about the protection of God. As human beings, we need God’s protection to keep us from all harm.
God is able to prevent any evil or destruction from touching us but as we have been given free will in an evil world, we are prone to make mistakes in our choices.
God’s protection comes to us in the form of peace and strength in the middle of despair.
Many times when we pray and seek God’s protection, it comes as a warning that something is on the horizon that we cannot see.
Here are some Bible verses that tells us more about the protection of God:
1. 1 Corinthians 10:13 – No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
2. 2 Thessalonians 3:3 – But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.
3. Deuteronomy 31:6 – Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
4. Isaiah 41:10 – So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
5. Proverbs 2:11 – Discretion will protect you, and understanding will guard you.
6. Proverbs 4:6 – Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you.
7. Psalm 5:11 – But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.
8. Psalm 12:5 – Because the poor are plundered and the needy groan, I will now arise,” says the LORD. “I will protect them from those who malign them.
9. Psalm 20:1 – May the LORD answer you when you are in distress; may the name of the God of Jacob protect you.
10. Psalm 34:19 – The righteous person may have many troubles, but the LORD delivers him from them all.
11. Psalm 46:1 – God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
12. Psalm 57:1 – Have mercy on me, my God, have mercy on me, for in you I take refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed.
13. Psalm 59:1 – Deliver me from my enemies, O God; be my fortress against those who are attacking me.
14. Psalm 138:7 – Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life. You stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes; with your right hand you save me.
15. Psalm 140:44 – Keep me safe, LORD, from the hands of the wicked; protect me from the violent, who devise ways to trip my feet.
16. 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 – May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it.
17. 2 Corinthians 4:8-9 – We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.