Jesus Christ spoke about the importance of obeying God when He said, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.” — Luke 11:28.
God’s greatest blessings will come to you when you are willing to do what He tells you to do even if it seems very insignificant. Ask yourself today if God has been challenging you to do something that you have not made an effort to do yet?
Here are 15 Bible verses on the importance of obeying God:
1) 1 John 4:19 “We love because He first loved us.”
2) 1 Corinthians 15:58 “Therefore, my beloved brothers, be firm, steadfast, always fully devoted to the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.”
3) Leviticus 22:31 “Be careful to observe my commandments. I am the Lord.”
4) John 14:21 “Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”
5) 1 Samuel 15:22 “Has the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to listen than the fat of rams.”
6) John 4:23-24 “But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him. 24 God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”
7) Ephesians 2:5 “even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved)”
8) Ephesians 2:8-9 “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.”
9) Romans 4:4-5 “Now to the one who works, wages are not credited as a gift but as an obligation. 5 However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness.”
10) James 1:22 “But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.”
11) Matthew 22:36-40 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” 37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
12) Romans 12:1 “Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.”
13) Romans 15:32 “So that I may come to you with joy, by God’s will, and in your company be refreshed.”
14) Psalm 119:47-48 “For I delight in your commands because I love them. I reach out for your commands, which I love, that I may meditate on your decrees.”
15) Hebrews 12:2 “Fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.”
I love the challenge of John 14:21. Obeying Christ is the key to knowing HIM and the power of HIS resurrection. May God us always to trust and obey Him that our faith might transit to ‘knowledge’ of God or revelation of Christ to our soul as when that happens, our eternity with Him is virtually sealed. Thanks for these verses. I have saved the post.