5-Year-Old Boy Carries Sister Out Of Burning Home Before Returning To Save 7 Family Members

In an emergency it is often the adult family members who help in rescuing the young ones caught up in critical life threatening situations. But here an entire family was saved by an alert 5-year-old boy after he noticed a dangerous fire breaking out.

Noah Woods from Bartow County, Georgia, was sleeping in the room he shares with his 2-year-old sister when an electrical fire broke out by his bed. Noah jumped out of bed, got his sister and helped her out of the bedroom window, along with the family dog.

After that, he ran next door to where his uncle lived, and with his help saved the rest of his family members out of the burning house. “I don’t know where the flames came from,” Noah said. “I picked Lily up, got to the window with Lily, get the dog and get out,” he added. “And get myself out.”

Our hero! 5 year old Noah Woods recently woke up to find his bedroom on fire. The only available exit was a window. He…

Posted by Bartow County Fire Department on Tuesday, February 11, 2020

The family and fire department are well aware that if Noah didn’t see the flames and act swiftly, his family could be suffering much more than property damage. “Our hero!” the Bartow County Fire Department posted on Tuesday. “5 year old Noah Woods recently woke up to find his bedroom on fire. The only available exit was a window. He got himself and his 2 year old sister out of the window to escape the fire and re entered the house to alert the rest of the family.”

“Noah and 4 other family members were treated for minor burns and smoke inhalation. He will receive recognition on Friday from BCFD Chief Dwayne Jamison, who will recognize him as an Honorary Bartow County Firefighter and present him with a Lifesaving Award.”

Noah’s grandfather, David Woods, got teary while speaking about the incident. “If it weren’t for Noah, then we wouldn’t … I mean, we was all asleep, so we wouldn’t have known what was going on,” he said. “We could’ve all lost our lives.”

With no house insurance, and a need for the house to be rebuilt, the Woods family are in a tough spot. “Within minutes, all nine of us were able to get to safety. We praise God that we all are safe,” David Woods wrote on their GoFundMe page. “Unfortunately, our home was a total loss. Due to a recent lapse in our home insurance, this has made a difficult situation a little worse.”

“We are planning to rebuild and will likely need to stay in a motel for some time and likely rent a small house while we work to earn funding and build. It s difficult for us to ask for help from our community however, we know this feat is too great for us to achieve alone.” The family has set up a GoFundMe campaign which has raised about $1,700 so far, thanks to one very brave little boy, the Woods family is alive and well.

Let us come together to pray for the Woods family, that God would help each of them recover from this terrible fire accident and provide them with the required money to rebuild their burned down home.