As we prepare to enter the New Year 2022, it’s natural to set resolutions and goals for ourselves. There are plenty of Bible verses that speak of new beginnings and tell us the importance of God’s guidance in starting something new.
As we go through these new year Bible verses, we pray for God’s blessing in the year ahead so that we can approach it with confidence and a new perspective.
1. Isaiah 43:18-19 – “Don’t remember the prior things; don’t ponder ancient history. Look! I’m doing a new thing; now it sprouts up; don’t you recognize it? I’m making a way in the desert, paths in the wilderness.”
2. Deuteronomy 31:8 – “But the Lord is the one who is marching before you! He is the one who will be with you! He won’t let you down. He won’t abandon you. So don’t be afraid or scared!”
3. Ephesians 4:22-24 – “Change the former way of life that was part of the person you once were, corrupted by deceitful desires. Instead, renew the thinking in your mind by the Spirit and clothe yourself with the new person created according to God’s image in justice and true holiness.”
4. 2 Corinthians 4:17-18 -“Our temporary minor problems are producing an eternal stockpile of glory for us that is beyond all comparison. We don’t focus on the things that can be seen but on the things that can’t be seen. The things that can be seen don’t last, but the things that can’t be seen are eternal.”
5. Proverbs 3:5-6 – “Trust in the Lord with all your heart; don’t rely on your own intelligence. Know him in all your paths, and he will keep your ways straight.”
6. Lamentations 3:22-23 – “Certainly the faithful love of the Lord hasn’t ended; certainly God’s compassion isn’t through! They are renewed every morning. Great is your faithfulness.”
7. Proverbs 16:9 – “People plan their path, but the Lord secures their steps.”
8. 1 Peter 1:3 – “May the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ be blessed! On account of his vast mercy, he has given us new birth. You have been born anew into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.”
9. Job 8:7 – “Although your former state was ordinary, your future will be extraordinary.”
10. James 1:17 – “Every good gift, every perfect gift, comes from above. These gifts come down from the Father, the creator of the heavenly lights, in whose character there is no change at all.”
11. John 13:34-35 – “I give you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, so you also must love each other. This is how everyone will know that you are my disciples when you love each other.”
12. Psalm 98:1 – “Sing to the Lord a new song because he has done wonderful things! His own strong hand and his own holy arm have won the victory!”