In this season when we celebrate the birth of Jesus our savior, it is important for us to understand that Jesus is the King of kings and the Lord of Lords. For He is the only beloved Son of God, who was there from the beginning of creation.
He is the word of God that was made flesh and was given to dwell among us. Let us be joyful and thankful to God for our King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
These Bible verses will help us know Jesus as the King and Lord of our lives:
1. 1 Timothy 6:15– “Which he will display at the proper time—he who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords.”
2. Revelation 19:16– “On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords.”
3. Philippians 2:10– “So that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth.”
4. Isaiah 9:6– “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”
5. Zechariah 14:9– “And the Lord will be king over all the earth. On that day the Lord will be one and his name one.”
6. Revelation 22:3– “No longer will there be anything accursed, but the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and his servants will worship him.”
7. 2 Peter 3:18– “But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.”
8. Revelation 17:14– “They will make war on the Lamb, and the Lamb will conquer them, for he is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those with him are called and chosen and faithful.”
9. 1 John 5:20– “And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.”
10. Revelation 11:15– “Then the seventh angel blew his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, saying, “The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he shall reign forever and ever.”
11. Revelation 1:8– “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”
12. Hebrews 1:2– “But in these last days, he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world.”
13. Genesis 1:26– “Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”