The kingdom of God belongs to all those who have confessed and received Jesus Christ as their Lord and personal Savior.
This kingdom is where the throne of God is, the Father who is full of righteousness, greatness, power, glory, and dominion. The kingdom contains everything in the heavens and the earth because God is the creator of all things.
As believers in Christ, the kingdom of God is for us through the finished works of Christ who taught us how to experience the kingdom of His father here on earth so that we can live an abundant life on earth.
These Bible verses will help you to understand the kingdom of God and live it out on earth:
1. O Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, who is enthroned above the cherubim, You are the God, You alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth. You have made heaven and earth. ~ Isaiah 37:16
2. Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of uprightness is the scepter of Your kingdom. ~ Psalm 45:6
3. They shall speak of the glory of Your kingdom And talk of Your power; To make known to the sons of men Your mighty acts And the glory of the majesty of Your kingdom. Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, And Your dominion endures throughout all generations. ~ Psalm 145:11-13
4. This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come. ~ Matthew 24:14
5. And He sent them out to proclaim the kingdom of God and to perform healing. ~ Luke 9:2
6. Joseph of Arimathea came, a prominent member of the Council, who himself was waiting for the kingdom of God; and he gathered up courage and went in before Pilate, and asked for the body of Jesus. ~ Mark 15:43
7. But at the end of that period, I, Nebuchadnezzar, raised my eyes toward heaven and my reason returned to me, and I blessed the Most High and praised and honored Him who lives forever; For His dominion is an everlasting dominion, And His kingdom endures from generation to generation. ~ Daniel 4:34-35
8. Blessed is the coming kingdom of our father David; Hosanna in the highest! ~ Mark 11:10
9. Preaching the kingdom of God and teaching concerning the Lord Jesus Christ with all openness, unhindered. ~ Acts 28:31
10. In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which will never be destroyed, and that kingdom will not be left for another people; it will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, but it will itself endure forever. ~ Daniel 2:44
11. But I say to you truthfully, there are some of those standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God. ~ Luke 9:27
12. From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and violent men take it by force. ~ Matthew 11:12
13. He spoke another parable to them, The kingdom of heaven is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three pecks of flour until it was all leavened. ~ Matthew 13:33
14. Now in those days John the Baptist came, preaching in the wilderness of Judea, saying, Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. ~ Matthew 3:1-2
15. Truly I say to you, I will never again drink of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new in the kingdom of God. ~ Mark 14:25