This is one of the most heartwarming acts of kindness shown to our military we have ever seen.
Two brothers from Durham, North Carolina, were eating at a Chick-fil-A when a couple of military officers walked in.
Jonathan and Stephen Full were with their kids, while their wives were shopping and enjoying the day. That was when Jonathan saw two military members enter the restaurant and he immediately stood up.
— DeJuan Hoggard (@DeJuanABC11) March 11, 2019
He says, “It’s always been on my mind to pay for some military members’ meals when I get the chance.”
So he decided to buy them lunch, he says, “It just hit me real good in my heart to do it then. And it just happened.”
Next up, nine more military members in uniform, both men and women, entered Chick-fil-A.
“Man is there a bus dropped off somewhere? Did we just hit the motherload here?” Jonathan said. “What felt moving through my heart is I didn’t care if 200 more showed. I was still going to buy the meal.”
In a post sharing about the incident, his brother Stephen shared on Facebook writing about how proud he was of his younger brother in that moment and also posted some pictures of the moment, writing, “He didn’t even bat an eye,”
Turns out that the real reason behind this act of kindness was their step-brother Joshua who had suffered from severe PTSD following a tour in Iraq and, just one week before that day at Chick-fil-A, took his own life.
“(Jonathan) asked (the military members) to reach out to anyone they knew with PTSD and try their best to get them the help they needed,” Stephen wrote on Facebook.
Proud big brother moment.. we took the kids out to eat and hit Costco up, so Nikki and Alex could have some time…
Stephen also wrote that Jonathan told the military members to “save your money for something more than just feeding yourself. Let us take care of you since you take care of us.”
We are so moved by this story today, and wish everyone had this heart of compassion and gratitude to our military and police officers who often sacrifice so much so that we can be safe.