There is power in the name of Jesus Christ and this power belongs to us who have accepted and received Christ as our Lord and Savior.
The name of Jesus is so powerful that the Bible tells us in Philippians 2:10-11 that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, in heaven, and on earth, and under the earth, 11 “and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”
The name of Jesus answers us in every situation that we find ourselves in today. For there is no other name given to be saved but the name of Jesus. This shows us that the power in the name of Jesus is able to save and deliver us from any form of darkness in our lives.
The Father has given Him a name that is above every other name. God spoke to all creation about Jesus in Matthew 3:17 and behold, a voice from heaven said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.” Hear ye Him.
Are you in any difficult situation today? Just call on the name of Jesus and you will be saved because there is power in the name of Jesus.
Here are some Bible verses that will help us understand more about the power in the name of Jesus:
1. Hebrews 1:3 And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,
2. John 1:3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him, nothing came into being that has come into being.
3. Hebrews 7:25 Therefore He is able also to save forever those who draw near to God through Him since He always lives to make intercession for them.
4. Colossians 1:16 For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him.
5. Matthew 10:1 Jesus summoned His twelve disciples and gave them authority over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal every kind of disease and every kind of sickness.
6. Luke 10:17 The seventy returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name.”
7. Matthew 8:27 The men were amazed, and said, “What kind of a man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?”
8. John 5:21 For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son also gives life to whom He wishes.
9. Hebrews 2:14 Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,
10. Mark 16:17-18 These signs will accompany those who have believed: in My name, they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues; they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”
11. Matthew 9:6 But so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins”—then He *said to the paralytic, “Get up, pick up your bed and go home.”